Welcome to the Siskiyou Artists Association (SAA) web site. We are a congenial group of Northern California artists who meet regularly to exchange ideas and learn more about visual arts. SAA supports local artists by providing critiques and demonstrations at scheduled meetings, workshops, and an annual show in late summer at the Mount Shasta Sisson Museum. Each year the association also awards scholarships to local graduating high school and college art students.
COS Summer Painting Class with Eloise Larson
Painting (Applied) - 5041 - ART 1041 - 01
June 11-27, TWTR, 8AM-2PM, Weed
This is your chance to study painting with master artist and teacher, Eloise Larson.She is known for her ability to handle paint, to use color, and to meet her students’ individual levels. ("Leon" - Acrylic on Paper - by Eloise Larson -----> )
The three-week class will focus on a different painting each week.
- Week 1: Larson will share how she puts a painting together with shape and color and allow students to explore and apply these ideas to their work.
- Week 2: Guided by their first week’s work, students will move outside and paint plein aire.
- Week 3: Larson will individually tutor students in a painting of their choice.
This "hands-on all-inclusive learning environment" will benefit the beginner as well as the experienced artist. Don’t miss this valuable opportunity for all students of the arts. See more about Eloise at www.eloiselarson.com.
2013 SAA Meeting Schedule and Location
SAA's next 2013 meeting will be held on Sunday, July 21, at the Weed Mercantile Mall, 590 Main Street, Weed, CA, (530) 938-3229. The program will feature a critique by Eloise Larson. All local artists are encouraged to attend and bring a painting, drawing, or 3-D artwork for Eloise’s assessment. Participating artists should bring their work to the meeting by 1:30 p.m. The business meeting will begin at 2:00 p.m. followed by the critique.
May 19, 2013 Meeting and Critique
The May 19 SAA meeting at the Weed Mercantile Mall featured a critique by Roberta Mosher. Members selected Carol Wilder's pastel landscape and Darlene Ball's oil landscape as Artworks of the Month, and critique artist Roberta Mosher selected Larry Sassarini's oil landscape as Artwork of the Month. All three paintings will be featured at the October 20 meeting, when the Artwork of the Year is selected.
March 17, 2013 Meeting and Critique
Our special thanks to Mary Larsen of the Mount Shasta Ranch Bed & Breakfast for hosting our March meeting at her beautiful facility.
Members in attendance at the meeting agreed to the following plan for 2013:
- Annual dues were reduced to $20 per member. Dues help to compensate the critique artist and pay for the meeting-location rental.
- Critique meetings will be held in the months of March, May, July, and October. There will be no general meetings in April, June, August, and September.
- Our Annual Art Show in August will run for two weeks at the Sisson Museum.
Ron Richards critiqued more than twenty paintings and selected Linda Cosner's mixed media abstract painting as Artwork of the Month. Members selected Joy Price's watercolor painting of the Hiroshima Peace Memorial as Artwork of the Month.