Siskiyou Artists Association - 56th Annual Art Show
Mount Shasta Sisson Museum
August 17 - September 3, 2013
Calendar - New Schedule
|Entry Forms Due||Friday, July 26, 2013|
|Deliver Art Work to Sisson Museum||Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.|
|Reception & Awards||Friday, August 16, 2013, 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.|
|Art Show Opens||Saturday, August 17, 2013 (Museum Hours)|
|Art Show Closes||Tuesday, September 3, 2013, 4:00 p.m.|
|Pick Up Art Work||Tuesday, September 3, 2013, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.|
Oil, Acrylic, Pastel, Water Media, Mixed Media, Drawing, Printmaking, Sculpture/Woodcarving
Original art only. No reproductions, including Giclee prints or other inkjet copies.
Sorry, no photography or computer art.
- Best of Show, 1st, 2nd, 3rd in each category.
- Awards by subject will be given at the discretion of the judge for Best Portrait/Figurative, Domestic Animal/Wildlife, Still Life, Building, Landscape/Seascape, 3-D Art, Abstract, Siskiyou Scene
- Popular Vote winner will be tallied at the end of the show.
- Categories may be consolidated if there are an insufficient number of entries.
SAA members or non-members living in Northern California and Southern Oregon.
Rules of Entry
- Maximum of three entries with a TOTAL combined area (including frames) of 32 square feet. If this is exceeded, art may be eliminated at the discretion of the show chair.
- 2-D art must be dry and properly framed. WIRE HANGERS ONLY.
- Art must be original, done by the artist within the past three years, and not previously shown at the SAA Annual Show.
- Art may not be removed prior to the scheduled pick up date of September 3. Art not picked up by 6:00 p.m. on that date may be charged a storage fee of $5.00 per day.
- Late entry forms and late art will not be accepted.
- SAA will be solely responsible for positioning and display.
- SAA reserves the right to refuse any entry.
- Artists agree to allow SAA to photograph any entries and use those photographs for show publicity.
- Artists are expected to take a turn sitting the show. If this is a hardship, contact the SAA Board.
- Artists are encouraged to provide a biography and business cards to facilitate the sale of their art. Artists who sell work at the show are expected to make a donation to the Sisson Museum. Ten percent of the sale price is recommended.
- SAA will take utmost care in handling the art but assumes no liability for loss or damage.
|SAA Members||$10 per entry or $25 for 3 entries|
|Non-Members||$15 per entry|
Entry in this show indicates acceptance of all rules as listed above.
Questions: E-mail us at email@example.com.
Again this year we will hold a silent auction during the annual show reception to raise money for our scholarships. These pieces will not be included in the judging, may be framed or matted and protected in plastic (if appropriate), and must be no larger than 9" x 12" (framed). All proceeds will go to the Scholarship Fund.
If you have agreed to donate cards for sale at the show or pieces for the silent auction, please bring them with your entries on Wednesday. Members attending the reception are reminded to bring finger food on Friday.